The data below- a series of tweets by Bakhsaruf al-Danqulah (an AQAP leader active on Twitter) translated by me- seem to point to a growing probability of AQAP involvement behind the recent attack on the Charlie Hebdo offices etc. in Paris. While the media have reported that one of the attackers supposedly claimed to be loyal to the Islamic State, that could just be an attempt to mislead the media with the worst Western nightmare: namely, a supposed coming together of al-Qa'ida and IS to attack the West.
1. Many followers are asking about the link between al-Qa'ida and those who carried out the Charlie Hebdo attack. The link is direct and the operation was supervised by AQAP.
2. The operation was directed by AQAP's leadership. And they chose these targets out of desire to avenge the insult to the Holy Prophet.
3. And in France in particular for its undisguised role in the war on Islam and oppressed peoples.
4. The operation is an implementation of the threat of Sheikh Osama bin Laden in which he warned the West of the consequence in the long run of affront to the sanctities of Muslims.
5. He said in his message to the West: "If there is no limit to your freedom of speech, your chests will become broadened targets for our actions."
6. The organization delayed implementation of the operation for security reasons dependent on the operatives. And the operation has a number of messages for all Western states.
7. Infringing on Islam's sanctities and protecting those who mock them will bear a very heavy price. And the consequence will be severe and terrible.
8. The crimes of the Western states- especially America, Britain and France- will be turned on their heads within their abodes.
9. The policy of striking the far enemy which has remained for al-Qa'ida under Zawahiri's leadership will continue in the realization of its aims, until the West falls back on itself.
10. The policy of the mujahideen of al-Qa'ida's media incitement, especially Inspire magazine, has produced splendid results in the defining of its aims and marshalling potential.
11. For one of the authors put his name and photo [i.e. that of the editor of Charlie Hebdo] as a dead or alive target for the mujahideen, so the Western states should expect evil consequences and ruins by God's power.
He then concludes with a call for people to disseminate and translate his tweets.